Early Review: Shadow Touch by Erin Kellison

Montag, 30. Mai 2011

Description:
Magic - It is bleeding into our world, bringing with it banshees, wraiths, fae from the twisting forests of Twilight. But Ellie's problem is a very different kind of phenomenon...
Shadow - It ought to be attached to her; instead it has a life of its own. And her dark mirror image is a wild thing, willfully seducing the very man Ellie hoped could help.

Science -
Cam has devoted his career to exploring the boundaries between this world and the Hereafter. But nothing could prepare him for the mischief and mayhem of a soul split in two.
Surrender - Who will give in first: the man struggling to unite two halves of one fascinating female; the shadow fighting for freedom to experience the thrill of every emotion; or the woman who is about to discover her own deepest desires?

Early Review:
*This title will be released on June 1, 2011*

Erin Kellison is a new author to me, but I’ve heard a lot of fantastic things about her Shadow Series and I knew I’ve to check it out. I haven’t read the previous books yet, so it was kind of difficult to get to know the new world and it took me a little bit longer to understand it. But then I couldn’t stop reading and I really enjoyed the book.
Ellie is far stronger than she knows and it was so interesting to read about her life, feelings and thoughts. Otherwise I would have loved to read more about Cam, why he started working at the Segue Institute and his change concerning Ellie. The romance between Ellie and Cam was gentle and sweet, the attraction between them almost within one’s reach, but for me it was too little. Erin Kellison writes fantastic and I didn't want to leave Ellie and Cam behind, wanted to learn more about them and their relationship.

Altogether Shadow Touch was a breathtaking and heartbreaking story (I could have cried with Ellie about her past), about trust and love. And now I want to see more – more about the characters (and secondary characters, especially Laurence!), more about the world the author created, more about everything. I will definitively read the first two books in the series soon and will be looking forward to read the third book coming out in September. You shouldn’t miss her Shadow Series!

Rating: B

Buchinfos:
Ebook
Published by Zebra Books, by June 1st 2011 more details...
ASIN B004NEW59S
Series: Shadow #2.5

Inhalt und Cover © Goodreads.com

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.